Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crystals in the Rough


This is what I started with, a whole box with a bushel of Dirty Quartz Crystals from Arkansas. I ordered an entire bushel, it came in this large garbage bag in a large box, I will be pulling out trays of crystals for awhile to clean.

This is going to take weeks and weeks of cleaning if the weather stays good. All I plan on using is a toothbrush and water.

Up close of some of the crystals.

See the side by side view before & after 1/2 of the tray is cleaned. This took hours the rest will have to wait until next weekend.

Lots more to go, but here are some of the cleaned crystals.

Here is some more of the finished crystals after scrubbing with a toothbrush and water for hours I think these turned out pretty clean. I probably won't even need to do the soak in the acid wash, as most people do. But of course this will take a lot more work then just soaking in the acid wash for a week.
I like the feel and satisfaction you get when you clean the crystals yourself.

1 comment:

Hali said...

I love rocks. Those are so beautiful. I want a bushel of them. I really do.

Kimforbeads